Sunday, November 20, 2011

Out of the mouth of Lily

More Lilyisms that I want to remember:

* One day she walked up to Sam, squeezed his cheeks and said, "Oh, you tender little mushroom."

*  Before bed, when we noticed something spilled on her pajamas that neither of us could identify, she said, "I better go ask dad.  He's a scientist."

*  During her bath the other night I overheard her pretending with her toys.  One character said to the other, "Hey this water is getting salty.  Are you making a stew out of me?!"

*  At supper she was trying to pay me a compliment about the food.  "Mom this food was your delight! (pause) Or not.  I don't really know what that word means."

*  After some failed efforts of trying to get Sam to play pretend with her she sighed, "He really doesn't get how to play with me yet."

*  After drying off from her bath she informed me, "I think if our private parts were real people and could walk away from us, the bums would be the boys and the privates would be the girls."  She even made herself giggle with that one!

*  While throwing a major fit about the outfit I told her she must wear to church, we could hear through her bedroom door, "I just can't wear it.  I think I am going to be sick!"

* While playing with playdough, she was making a girl with lots of long hair. I said, "Wow, her hair grew fast." Her serious response, "Yeah, I know, she's from France."


She's got spunk, and I love her!

No comments: