Monday, May 2, 2011

Just for the record. . .

Here is a Lily story I don't want to forget:

After waking up from her nap, Lily came up to me in the kitchen and the first thing she said was, "Okay, well, I am trying to act more like a 5-year-old."
So I asked her what she thought that would look like.
Rolling her eyes, she said, "Well, Mom, that's why I am asking you.  You have been a 5-year-old before, so you know.  I have never been 5!"
"Well, it has been a long time, Lily.  What do you think 5-year-olds do?"
With a heavy sigh she responded, "Well, I suppose they listen to their parents."

I am just realizing I need to capitalize on this conversation.  Do 5-year-olds change stinky diapers?

Also, Lily has started using the phrase, "Just for the record," quite often.  Examples:
"Just for the record, I like Fruity Pebbles more than Cheerios."
"Just for the record, Sam has a poopy diaper."
"Just for the record, I don't want to take a bath tonight."
And my favorite, "Just for the record, I love saying 'Just for the record'."

No comments: