Saturday, September 11, 2010

New Family

We are settling into our new identity as a family of four. I used the phrase "the kids" for the first time today when talking to Mike. It was a bit strange to say.
So far, Sam has proven to be a pretty mellow little guy. Let's all pray he stays that way! Lily is an excellent big sister. She rarely wants to leave the house unless Sam can come with. He is the first one she asks for when she wakes up or comes home. And she has called him "soooo adorable" more times than I can count. Yesterday she asked me if we were going to keep him forever. I was hesitant, expecting this to be the moment everyone warned us about -- the older sibling ready to give the baby back. When I said yes, she sighed, "Oh good!"
I am recovering slowly but surely. My mom has been here this week, and that is a huge blessing for us all. Thanks, Mom!

Here are a few photos from the week:



3 comments:

Stephanie Brandt said...

He is so adorable, Em. Love the family picture, too -- are you sure you had a baby just last week? Wow!

Margaret said...

Congratulations, Mike and Em. How did you coax him to smile in that last picture? Soooo cute!

Anonymous said...

He is so sweet! I have been thinking about you. And I had to tell you that Neah was very disappointed today when Lily wasn't in her SS class. I mentioned that maybe she could come play some day. Would you guys ever want to come over for lunch some Friday? Or we could bring lunch over there. Whatever is easier for you. Take care.