Tuesday, March 10, 2009

"Nastics"


Friday night a bunch of kids from our church gathered at a place called TNT -- a gymnastics facility. They opened up all the gymnastics equipment, and the kids had a blast. Lily was so excited, she could hardly eat supper. "I'm off to go to 'nastics'!" she kept declaring. All last summer she went to a different gymnastics program, and I was hard-pressed to get her to jump into "the pit" -- a huge hole in the floor filled with foam cubes. But when we arrived at TNT on Friday night, she ran straight to the edge of the pit and jumped right in!


Here she is ready to drop 4 feet into the pit.




Yes, she jumped in.

Swingin' away!

This picture is just from this morning. We are home today due to ANOTHER blizzard. Ugh. I was working in the bedroom and I heard Lily talking in a low, gentle voice. I came out to see her covering up Zipper, patting her back and encouraging her to "go to sleep." So sweet.

2 comments:

Stephanie Brandt said...

Great pictures! I can't believe how high she is in that one.

So no conferences again tonight? :) Enjoy the snow! We'll be golfing one of these days. . . maybe!

Angela Flores said...

I love those pigtails!! Are you going to let her hair grow as long as you had in first grade? Tee-Hee! You were so cute, although everyone thought you were a pilgram or something when you first showed up. First graders are so funny. I still loved you though!