Tuesday, April 3, 2012

So I don't forget

This was a big week for Lily. 
Last Sunday, she had a friend over who could ride her bike without training wheels.  This made Lily sad because she could not also do this.  Mike and I wondered how she would react.  Life is full of this type of challenges -- sulk or step up.  Well, starting Thursday, she asked to practice riding without training wheels.  So we did.  Everyday.  Many times a day.  And by Monday afternoon, she was starting herself and pedaling off down the sidewalk.  Her persistence paid off.
Now she is carrying her learn-to-read books around, convinced she is ready to read.  And today she starts swimming lessons.  She says, "I  just know swimming without a life jacket will be easy-peasy for me soon."  Well, who knows?  Go get 'em, Lily.


And just so I don't forget, at supper the other day Lily made an out-of-the-blue request.  "If you guys get to heaven before I do, can you say 'hi' to George Washington for me?"  Gotta love that girl.

No comments: