Monday, January 24, 2011

Creations a la Lily

 Lately, Lily has been spending a lot of time on her "work".  Drawing, coloring and even writing.  Here are some samples.


 She calls this one her "hot dog car."




She told us that some of her friends at school say that she scribbles.  So she has taken it upon herself to work on staying in the lines.  Peer pressure already at work!




 This one was drawn when we were at the basketball game.  Look carefully -- there are five players, a basketball, a hoop and even a ref!


She recently even wrote her own book.  Here is page one.  She illustrated and dictated the text to me.


This last piece is one that took me by total surprise.  At her daycare, they focus on one letter each week.  The teacher asked the kids to come with a word list for the week.  This week they are working with the letter "O".  After I wrote "orange", she said, "I want to write them, Mom."  I had my doubts, but I handed over the pen. 
She came up with each word and asked me how to spell it.  She did all the writing on her own.  I honestly didn't know she could do this.  I am sure there will be many moments in my life when she surprises me with what she can do.  But it was a strange feeling tonight.  I was excited for her yet realized that this little person is growing faster than I know.



Open
Oval
Olson
Ostrich
Ocean
Octopus

No comments: