Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A merry little Christmas

The other night a friend of mine came over to visit and asked Lily how her Christmas was.  I wondered what she would share first:  Time at Grandma and Grandpa's playing with her cousins?  Getting a pillow pet and Princess and the Frog polly pockets?  Leaving cookies for Santa?  None of the above.
"Santa brought me candy corn!"  she shouted as she ran into the room with her bag of candy.  Well, there you have it.  The biggest hit this Christmas -- candy corn.  Next year I can save myself a lot of time and money!
Here are a few of our highlights from this past week.
Cookies and milk for Santa.  We also threw reindeer food (sunflower seeds) in the driveway.  The reindeer ate it all and even pooped on our driveway.  (Their poop looks A LOT like chocolate chips, if you were wondering.)

Our own little Bob the Builder

Christmas morning pancakes



We acted out the Christmas Story at my parents' house on Christmas.  (No, my brother is not holding a second baby Jesus; that is Ollie dressed like a sheep!)

 
The holy family  (Did they have pacifiers in ancient times?)  



The Belle dress that my mom made for Lily 


Rides behind the snowmobile



The Rapunzel wig Lily bought with her money from Great Grandma Helen.  I am finding 2-foot-long hairs all around the house!

2 comments:

Beth said...

My favorite part is the "To Santa" note. So sweet!

Stephanie Brandt said...

Great pics, Em! I really thought you had moved some Ollie poop for the reindeer before I read it was chocolate chips, ha ha. Also, I loved the pic of you guys all dressed up -- how fun. Hope you guys had a great Christmas and New Year's!