Monday, June 21, 2010

Summer means. . .

Fresh-picked strawberries (thanks, Grandma!)


Grandparent visits and pony rides

Garage sales and lemonade stands
and
Frequent lunchtime conversations as a family:
Lily: "What does 'learning' mean?"
Mom: "When someone teaches you something."
Dad (wrinkling his nose at Mom's response): "It means a somewhat permanent change in behavior." (What a cute scientist :-)
Lily (with a sarcastic tone and mischievous grin): "A change in your behavior, Dad."
Dad: "A change in your face's behavior."
Lily (without missing a beat) "A change in your Mom's behavior!"
Since that was met with a round of laughter from Mom and Dad, a few minutes later another attempt at humor is made.
Lily: "Dad, if you don't give me that, I will punch you in the face."
Mom: "Oh Lily, that isn't funny. We don't say that."
Dad: "Yeah, it's not funny and it doesn't scare me."

2 comments:

Beth said...

Kim and I were laughing out loud at your conversation. Hilarious!

Stephanie Brandt said...

Hilarious Em. Emily just said something today that reminded me of that! I was bringing something of hers in from outside and told her, "When you take something of yours outside you need to bring it back inside." Then she said, "YOU need to bring your stuff inside" kind of sarcastically! I didn't know whether to get mad or laugh inside; I chose the latter!