Sunday, March 21, 2010

For the sake of argument

Lily is developing into quite the negotiator/debater/arguer -- whatever you want to call it. Sometimes her skills are impressive and sometimes they are downright infuriating. And then there are the times when you just have to laugh.

Mike invited Lily with him to pick up some candy at the gas station and go through the car wash. While they watched the soap spray the windows, Mike commented on what a good idea he had. Lily responded, "Well, actually, Dad, it was my idea."
"No, I thought of it while you were napping."
"Actually, Dad, I thought of it when I was two."
"Oh yeah, well I thought of it when you were only one."
Lily thought for a moment. "Oh. Good idea, Dad."


This morning I was having the usual what-to-wear debate with our young diva. She commented that the outfit I picked didn't match.
"Yes it does. Grandma bought all of these things together as an outfit."
"Well, it doesn't look good."
"Lily, Grandma asked the lady at the store if it all matched, and she said it does."
"The lady said that? Okay, I'll wear it."
Sales clerk trumps Mom and Grandma. We are in trouble.

2 comments:

Stephanie Brandt said...

These are hilarious, Em! Love it.

Valerie said...

Hey Emily, just thought I'd leave you a quick note, that I was thinking about you today. Hope all is well.