Friday, February 26, 2010

"A hot summer day"

Well, Phoenix wasn't exactly hot while we were there this past week, but I know none of you northerners will have sympathy for me. It rained off-and-on the first couple days we were there, but anytime the sun peeked through, Lily would exclaim, "Ahhh, a hot summer day." It was a nice retreat from our long winter, and we had some great family time.
Some highlights:

Lily's first plane ride


Taking in some historical sites. . .Lily loved playing house here.


Hanging out with Mike's brother, Dale.



Seeing lots of Saguaros. . .I have a weird fascination with these cacti.


Visiting the Phoenix zoo (after waiting out a downpour in the gift shop!)



Finally, on Tuesday, we had a warm enough afternoon for some swimming. Lily, using waterwings, swam on her own for the first time. She was thrilled! (I must admit, I was pretty excited too.)



Ahhhh, Summer, we miss you. Come back soon!

2 comments:

Stephanie Brandt said...

Ahh, I'm so jealous! Looks like you had a great time. And I love saguaros, too, I don't know why!

AG said...

Ah, summer days. It's all relative! It's been around 78-80 here the past couple days. Due to the relativity, this no longer is even really warm - if there is a bit of a breeze, it is actually almost chilly. I know it sounds crazy.